Followers

Saturday, April 9, 2011

"For whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

I was told I was a fighter. I was told that I am an achiever. I was told I have the stubbornness and the tenacity to follow through what I want until I get it done.
I am a dreamer. I dream of something, I wish for it and then I work to make it happen. I go to extensive lengths to follow my dreams. I have great motivation to do and to keep up with my dreams. It's a great feeling of accomplishment to realize your dreams. I achieve one and then I move to my next target. I want more. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with what I have. I consider myself an accomplished person.  That doesn't mean I stop wishing, dreaming for something else. But I am aware that if that doesn't happen, I am not that disappointed. But my mother encouraged me to live my dreams and go for it.

There are people that have no dreams. No goals. Just...living for today and nothing else. You ask a child "what do you want to become when you grow up?" and most of them they give you a "deer in the headlights" look like..."what do you mean by that?". Parents don't encourage their kids to dream anymore. They are letting them to get buried into the new tech gadgets - Xbox, Nintendo, iPod, iPhone, PSP's, TV....they have no idea what they want anymore. It's a dream killer. All they know is a "virtual reality" dream to the point that they cannot distinguish what is real or what is reality. They forget to communicate. They cross boundaries with their parents.
"Parents"? Please. Most of the parents I know are a joke. The few that actually exercise the right to be a "real parent", are so rare is amazing they even exist. Most of the parents I see they treat their kids as they are their friends, not parenting. So the kids think it's ok to insult your mom and call her names, it's ok to just cuss out or even come home pregnant at times. Sure, my mom is my best friend, I call her [Name] not "mom". Mom is not "mom" anymore. She doesn't get the proper respect as a "mom". She is just another "friend" in the facebook friends-list. I mean, who needs a "mother" anyway right? A "mother will impose boundaries, will enforce rules and make you study, bring home good grades and not let you out with your boyfriend. A "mom-friend" let's you walk all over her, text till midnight, talk on the phone/net all night unsupervised, let you dress all crazy, even approve some piercing in all crazy places, maybe a few tattoos why not, your body is your temple, let's call the army and destroy it right? A"friend- mom" is not that concerned that her son/daughter is not doing that good in school, as long as he/she passes. Who needs school right? I mean, why even bother learning something, all you need is to get a rich husband if you are a girl. Who needs to find a good job, who needs to work? Most parents rush over to marry their daughters young. School is for idiots. So is work. "My daughter to work?" Oh no we wouldn't want your 20 something year old daughter to work, God forbid she learns any work ethics. She needs her vacation now, since she will have plenty of time to work when she will get older...or...no need since she is going to get married and the husband will provide for her. I mean why even try to inspire your daughter a sense of her own freedom? Learn some self esteem? Learn to be on her own feet and not to depend on anybody? No wonder most men sees us as just some money spenders brainless baby machines and nothing more. Oh , I know there are some exceptions out there. They are so rare, like the rain in the dessert. You have to wait for years for one to show up...if that!

The new generations coming up have no respect for work, for rules, for parents, has no principles, no ethics. They grow up like weeds. Left alone with no guidance or supervision. They grow up feeling entitled to what they get, not grateful. they want to get that job in management as soon as they get out of school and they get very frustrated because they cannot get that job. They grow up spoiled, having every single little wish granted and by the time they get to grow, they want more and more until there is nothing more to get. They grow without any sense of rewards, accomplishment, dreams....that is why they don't have dreams or wishes...they think they will get them anyway, that is normal to get it. So why wasting time on working on a dream? It has to be given.

Attitudes and smart mouth talking, disrespect for the teachers. Teachers get a lot of beating because if they "dare" to tell it like it is, they risk to get fired. I mean, why not being able to tell the parent "lady, your son/daughter is a complete idiot!!!" No of course we cannot say that because the society that we live in doesn't allow teachers to put a label [even a true one] on a child. The parents will get so offended it gets to the news....poor teacher...God forbid he actually gives the grade that the student REALLY deserves...like an F, for poor performance, for not having the lesson learned or just because he never comes with the homework done. Who is to blame: the teacher! Is the teacher's fault because a student goes home and never puts any effort into studying. Kids go home and they get right on the computer or out to play, parents don't care too much either. Guess what? who's to blame for their child ignorance? The teacher. I guess if it was a method to where the teacher can drill a hole into their brains and pour all the knowledge into their brains it would be the ideal situation. But since knowledge is something  WE CHOOSE to learn it, you cannot force a student to learn, can you? If your child chooses to be an ignorant why blame the school,  the teacher for your inability as a parent to kick some a**?
Blame yourself and a parent that you failed to motivate your child enough. You as a parent you let your child become and dysfunctional member of the society when you don't enforce the rules. You let them unsupervised on the internet, why are you surprised your daughter/son got into a sexual predator relationship? They grow up without rules at home, how do you expect them to follow the laws as citizens? And then you get surprised they get in trouble with the police? HA! surprise....good treats come from good foundations that you lay at home. Will you be happy to just have your child "barely" made it? Just holding odd jobs because he doesn't qualify for the well paid ones? Do you want to fail your child for inability to step it up and put your foot in his/her a**? Well this is the society that we live on. We do need failures because if everybody would be smart and schooled it would be boring, so yes, we need your ignorant child to be the foundation we step on. We need laborers, we need workers that just follow orders, we need just simple people that would do the dirty jobs for the ones who chose to be something more than just the "foundation". If that is your DREAM as a p[arent for your child, keep doing what are you doing now. And you will end up living with your child until he is 60 because of his/her inability to have a job, keep a job or even just enjoy staying at the home with mom and dad and have a free roof and food over his/her head. I mean it's only up to you as a parent if you push your child to have goals, dreams or you just ...keep being their friend. Teach them the value of earning and saving. Teach them respect for work. Teach them the "good foundations" that will raise them to the high sky.

As a parent you should teach your child to dream. Encourage him/her to have wishes. To work to achieve dreams. Not to wait for others to just give it, because most of the happiness of an achieved dream comes from all the work you've done to get there, the journey. I don't understand why parents get so relaxed and let them be happy in the virtual world, while their personalities develop into little monsters?

But again, since my parents always pushed me to do things, to have dreams even in the somber communist country  where we had no chance of dreams, I still had a chance. And learning was the only thing that nobody could took away, my books, my life. I lived through books, I dreamed big, I worked towards a dream that might have never appeared. I wasn't allowed to be "the foundation". There were plenty of those. My mom always said "don't look at your shoes, look towards the sky, if you look up, you will get there, if you always look down, you will never reach more than the ground".

Don't let your child mind grow stale. Don't let them become "gadgets". Encourage them to look up always and to want more. Don't settle for little from your child. If that is what you ask, that is what you will receive. You reap what you sow.
 No matter what happens in life, what you have in your brain doesn't end up in bankruptcy unless it's taken away by a idle mind that left space for Alzheimer. Brain is a muscle; if you don't work it it goes stale. And with it your whole body.

2 comments:

  1. Too bad you're wasting all these goodies! You could make a great Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are so sweet. But I rather pass. Too late now for this.

    ReplyDelete